Thursday, October 4, 2018

Where Success Comes From


Where Success Comes From


Michael Jordan said it.  And he lived it.

And you wondered where success comes from?
  
You know about the famous failures of some of these individuals.  I’m still going to do a refresher course for you.

Bill Gates and Paul Allen dug around in big, rusty trash bins on dark nights, looking for the mistakes their competitors were making so they could make a better software.  They had an idea and a few mistakes to show for their work, until they began unlocking the secrets to their success.

The Wright brothers made prototype after prototype of airplanes, and wings, and frames, and they used all kinds of materials, and changed after each failure.  They studied, they observed, the got injured in a few crashes,  they thought and planned.  They played the what-if game until it all started coming together. 

And Michael Jordan’s story is one incredible story.

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career.
I’ve lost almost 300 games.
26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the
game winning shot, and missed.
I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life.
And that is why I succeeded.

Success is getting back up after you fall … or fail.
It’s the attitude of, “try one more time.”

This now famous ancient saying still works.

Fall down seven time, 
Get up eight. 


This is my
morning reflection.



P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration



No comments:

Post a Comment