Thursday, August 30, 2018

Legacy Revisited


Legacy Revisited


This picture hit me between the eyes just now, for I haven’t always be a shining example of goodness and encouragement to everyone I meet.

Yet it is true.  Every person we touch becomes a part of our legacy.  The things we say in off-handed ways, the smile or lack thereof, the effort to help, encourage, add value – it all lives on after we’ve gone home.

You know how you often reflect on an exchange with someone in the course of doing business or doing life.  I do.  Just today I had a customer who was less than gracious simply because I wanted to confirm some information on my screen and make sure I was doing the proper transaction for the proper customer.  She was, to say the least, snarky.

See?  I remembered her. 

It happens in every moment of our day.  We leave an essence of who we are.  And others remember.  They remember how we went out of our way to benefit them.  They remember if we used their name properly.  They remember if we were friendly, or spoke with a pleasing quality, or with harshness.

And we thought our legacy was some award, some sterling act, some heroic moment when we were the star ace.


This is my
morning reflection.


P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment