Sunday, August 26, 2018

A Fresh Look at Family


A Fresh Look at Family

I took another up-close-and-personal look at my siblings again this past Friday.  I spent 5 hours in the ER in Lebanon, Tennessee.  My heart acted up again.  Thankfully, they were able to get things under control and I was finally released around 3:30 PM. 

CB was by my side the whole time.  The rest of my family – they gathered at my sister’s house waiting, hoping, praying, wanting so desperately to hear some good news from Carolyn about my condition.

I came back into the bosom of my family with a welcoming love everybody should experience.  They tried to show concern the best they knew how.  I was offered food no less than ten times.  My appetite had left me hours before.  I was offered to go lay down.  I wanted to be with family.

They gave me a comfortable recliner, and we sat and Carolyn gave them a blow-by-blow of what happened in ER.  Bottom line – my blood pressure sky-rocketed and they had a bit of a challenge in getting it under control.  Thankfully, it did start to respond and came down to acceptable levels for them to let me be released.

We sat, they chatted, didn’t demand much from me.  I just wanted to be in their presence for a while.  We don’t get that opportunity often enough.  And as they left, they gathered around me and brother-n-law Phil prayed a heart-felt prayer.  I cried, Phil cried, others cried, and then they left.

I believe their presence and care did as much to help restore me as the doctor and staff at the ER. 

It was a sweet moment. 

Thankful once again for family. 


This is my
morning reflection.


P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment