Thursday, September 12, 2019

Looking for Miracles


Looking for Miracles

We all like miracles, I think.  Miracles speak of victory, of conquering.  Miracles speak of defeating the odds. 

We all like miracles. 

What if I showed you another slant on miracles?  Consider this.

What if the miracle happened when you and I had the courage to start.  What if the miracle happened at the beginning of the journey?  I love that. 


There is a quote in my files … 
“a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step”.

And it is so.

Often times, the first step is the most difficult of all.  Ask any recovering addict.  Ask anyone the morning after surgery.  I remember my first morning walk after heart surgery.  I walked a half-a hallway.  It was only 30 or 40 feet or so, but it was a start. 

And those first steps led me to my miracle of recovery and improvement. 

Are you facing a challenge?  Are you in need of a miracle? 

Perhaps your miracle is waiting for your first efforts, your first twitches of a muscle that moves your leg off the bed over to the side and down to the floor.  Maybe your miracle begins with a phone call or a letter to an acquaintance that begins restoring your relationship.

Have the courage to start. 





This is my
morning reflection.



P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment