Wednesday, November 28, 2018

How I See Christmas


How I See Christmas


My childhood eyes saw Christmas as a shiny red bicycle.  Oh my, that was a special bike. 

A few years later, my eyes saw Christmas as a much-wanted new sweater.  I wore that sweater everywhere that winter. 

Some years later, I saw Christmas as a book I longed to read, a new pair of slacks, new shoes. 

Last year, I saw Christmas as a new commission on life.  I survived heart bypass one week before Christmas day, and I was most thankful for just being here. 

How do you see Christmas? 

Is it just another season to get through, or is it a sad time because of missing someone who is now gone?  Is it a time for finding joy, listening for the rustle of wrapping paper and the surprises awaiting to be found?

Is it the extra food, the extra pies, cakes, candies? 

Is it the music tailored for the season? 

I hope you see Christmas in ways that are new and fresh for your heart and mind.  I hope you see joy, experience joy, and hear the “love” expressions.

I hope you find deep satisfaction this year.  Even if it is for the fact that you survived one more year. 

Look for Christmas in all the right places.  See Christmas in all the right places.


This is my
morning reflection.



P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration



No comments:

Post a Comment