Monday, December 3, 2018

I've Had Christmas, and It's Not Even Christmas


I’ve Had Christmas, 
and It’s Not Even Christmas

I’ve had Christmas a dozen times already, and it’s not even Christmas.

You should see our Christmas tree.  Carolyn did an amazing job this year, better than ever.  It has twice as many lights, and she added some lights around our dining room windows, and now, with grandkids help, the Dickens Village is up and lighted.

I’ve had Christmas as each of these decorative elements came to life.

Sunday night, we went to Bellevue Square for the Snowflake Lane parade and music.  There were thousands upon thousands of lights, the parade was awesome, the cast members were spirited and smiling and happy.  The drummers drummed their little hearts out.  I wanted to be a drummer again on that night.

I had Christmas Sunday night.

We sang a few Christmas carols in church on Sunday.  I was asked to sing O Holy Night.  Christmas came Sunday morning.

I have Christmas every time we drive by a beautifully decorated home, or hear some Christmas music on the radio.  We started listening to this music in early November.

Yes, I’ve had Christmas many times over already.  And we still have three weeks to go before December 25th. 

You see … I’m allowing Christmas to overtake me like never before.  I’m wallowing in all the sights and sounds, festivities and celebrations, decorations and declarations.

Join me.  It’s good for you.


This is my
morning reflection.



P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment