Thursday, November 8, 2018

Broken Crayons Teach


Broken Crayons Teach



I stopped and stared at this picture for while today.  And the thoughts started coming. 

Most people discard crayons that look like these.  They are short, stubby, most have the wrapper torn off.  We might say they are useless.

But they can still color.  Oh, they are not as easy to hold onto.  They don’t look as pretty as a fresh new box of crayons.  Yet they exist.

Some look at me and say, “Oh he’s old.  Of what good is he now?” 

And I say, “If you only knew.  I can still form opinions.  I still think, and reason.  I have feelings.  I can engage in meaningful conversation.  My skills are still intact, though some are slower in response time than others.  There is a lot that I can do, and my wealth of experiences is just that – a great wealth from which you could learn, if you stop judging me for my outward appearance.

I may look less than full of zest, and yet, I AM.  I have worth.  I can still ‘color’.  I’m not used up yet.”

Whoever is reading this, put yourself in this text.  YOU also have worth.

Never believe otherwise.


This is my
morning reflection.



P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment