Saturday, September 8, 2018

Want Perfect or Happy?

-->
Want Perfect or Happy?

Many of us, perhaps, confuse perfect with happy.  I like
perfect.  I want to be happy.

And what is perfect?  The answers are as varied as the individual responding.  Some of the answers include:

~LARGE home
~All "A's" in school
~Six-figure income
~Perfect health
~Fashion-model looks
~Always looking good

Well, you know the drill.

And do you think the people who have all that stuff are happy?  Life tells us otherwise. 

Rather, it seems to me that happiness happens regardless of the “stuff” we have in our garage or closet.  It’s an inside job.

I’ve never been a wealthy man.  However, I’ve had an abundance of happiness in life.

And why?

It’s an attitude kind of thing.  It’s a matter of making the best in any situation.  I’ve lived in great houses, and in spaces that lacked.  And I was happy.

I’ve had jobs I hated and jobs I’ve loved.  And I was happy.

I’ve lived in towns I tolerated and towns I adored.  And I was happy.

It seems to me that happiness is a state of mind.

We DECIDE to be happy.  We DECIDE to make the best of any situation in which we find ourselves.

WE decide.

Did you get that?

This is my
morning reflection.


P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration



No comments:

Post a Comment