Thursday, June 21, 2018

Opinions and Love


Opinions and Love

I suppose I read something like this a hundred times or more on social media sites: “Don’t have an opinion?  Let me give you mine.”

Opinions abound.  Just ask the next person you meet on any street corner in America, or the world, for that matter.  And in most cases, that stranger will, perhaps, attempt to convert you to his or her ideology, thoughts, political persuasions and foods to eat or avoid.

A writer that I find refreshing, Bob Goff, wrote this recently.



“It will be our love, 
not our opinions, 
which will be our 
greatest contribution 
to the world.”

I think he is onto something.  LOVE!

You do know, don’t you, that people can tell whether you care or not?  And they can sense love, and all other expressions. 

I never get far from a bit of advice that my college music profession gave me once. 

Jim said, “Love the people.”

That’s it.  Love the people.

And it has stood me in good stead for all these years of my life.

A personal story:  I reconnected with a customer of mine who has become a friend.  We had not communicated for seven months or so, since my surgery and recovery.  He said to me … “You are one of the friendliest guys I know.” 

He paid me a high compliment.  Though we have different ideologies, different interest and have taken different career paths, we find friendship outside of the business dealings we do. 

He didn’t use the “love” word, yet for me, there is a brotherly love that he and I share.  He’s a nice guy, the kind I would love to do occasional things with. 

Bottom line … opinions drive me away.  Love draws me in.


This is my
morning reflection.



P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment