Saturday, June 30, 2018

I Still Believe in Love


I Still Believe in Love

I still believe in love, for how it gives me hope.  Hope that I am not hopeless. Hope that there are some redeeming traits about me that CB finds attractive.

Love fills me.  When I come home, the greeting is a hug and a kiss, and a ‘glad to see you’. 

And I ask about her day, and her interests.  We make plans.  We talk.  We laugh.

After all, that’s what lovers do, isn’t it?  We do life while in love.

I believe in love for the trust I hold sacred.  She trusts me.  I trust her.  She knows my secrets and loves me anyway. 

I believe in love because I love the feeling of being in love.  I love knowing someone is here, waiting for my call, waiting for me to walk in.  I love getting a text at mid-day just to say, ‘I miss you’.

I believe in love for all the right reasons.

Mostly because … I am very aware that I am deeply loved, and there is no greater knowing in this world. 


This is my
morning reflection.



P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment