Saturday, June 9, 2018

Feelings Versus Thinking




Feelings Versus Thinking

It appears that we live in an age when ‘feelings’ override ‘thinking’.  And so, we trust our feelings.

I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sure my feelings have been wrong a time or two in my life.  I dated a girl named Cynthia once.  I had a love ‘feeling’ for her, yet I saw all kinds of danger signs.  I’m surly glad my feelings did not prevail.

I’ve been given advice by others who used the term “I have a feeling you should do such-n-such.”

Any more, I’m trying to weigh feelings against reason and sound thinking and governing my life in sight of those strengths.  You and I have good minds.  We’re smart people.  We can think through a thing.  Emotions, feelings are going to crop up, and we learn how to weigh a ‘feeling’ against sound thinking. 

It’s a worthy thought.  I trust ‘feelings’ less.

I trust my mind, my thought processes, and the wisdom of others more.



This is my
morning reflection.



Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment