Tuesday, October 3, 2017

What Drives Me


If I could sum up the reason I write what I write, it would be this.

“Everybody wants to be somebody.  Everybody wants to be regarded and valued by others.”

I think my main mission in life is to give
people hope.  I think I give some people validation and a permission slip to go and do something they’ve always wanted to do.  Perhaps more importantly, I give them permission to be what they’ve always wanted to be.

I love what Oprah Winfrey said on her last television show.

“I’ve talked to nearly 30,000 people
on this show, and all 30,000
had one thing in common.
They wanted validation.
They wanted to know,
‘do you hear me?
Do you see me?
Does what I say
mean anything
to you?’”

Validation - Confirmation

Hmm. 


People are starving for grace from their fellow human beings.  We are crying for help of the humane kind. 

I for one want to answer this cry.  “Yes, I see you.  I hear you.  I don’t have great sums of money to offer, but perhaps a word of hope and encouragement might help.

Perhaps.

This is my morning reflection.



Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment