Thursday, July 13, 2017

I Did it My Way

Bear with me for a moment.  This is important.

Who holds the pen when it is time to write the story of your life?  We spiritually minded individuals will naturally say something like this: “Well, God directs my life day by day.”

Of course, and I’m not challenging that.  What
I am challenging is … after we allow God’s input, what then?

How much influence should we allow from spouses, parents, siblings, bosses, neighbors.

Everyone in my life has an opinion of how I should govern my life.  My wife has definite opinions on the clothes I wear and the foods I eat.

And how much control do I give over to all the other voices in my life?  Do they really know the best life, the best choices, the best career decisions that I should make?

Consider this … You hold the pen, my friend.  It is your life, after all.  You know what beats inside of your heart and mind.  You know your dreams, inclinations, you know what jump-starts your heart or what fears and dreads you have.  So, what are you going to write in the story of your life?

Don’t live someone else’s life.  Live your own version of your dreams and hopes. 

This is not a selfish, egotistical, me-centered post.  This is a post to inspire you, to set you free as you travel toward what you really want to do and accomplish with your years of living. 

When you come to the end, what you want to be able to say is … I did it my way.  I didn’t leave anything on the table.  I spent all I was given and I am happy with the tracks that I left.

Now, I don’t hear ego in that comment.  I don’t hear selfishness there.  I DO hear … I held the pen myself.  I lived out the best version of ME that was possible.  I was true to myself, as I understand ME, and as God is my witness, I did my best to be a true and authentic ME.

I blame no one for my life.  I accept my life as it has been lived.

Now that is a life well lived.


This is my morning reflection. 


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment