Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The Words of Christmas

Christmas is two weeks away as I write this, yet I’ve been celebrating Christmas in my heart for a few weeks now.  With my new schedule I have the golden gift of a couple of hours in the morning before heading out to the rest of my day.

Here is what I hear as I ponder Christmas.

In the beginning was the Word; the Word was with God and the Word was God.

The Word became flesh and He came and lived among us.

This Word was full of grace and truth.

Let every heart prepare Him room.

O come to my heart, Lord Jesus; There is room in my heart for you.

How silently this wondrous gift is given
So God imparts to human hearts
the blessings of His Heaven
No ear may hear His coming,
but in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive Him still,
the dear Christ enters in

O holy Child of Bethlehem
descend to us, we pray
Cast out our sin and enter in,
be born in us today.

Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love’s pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face,
With the dawn of redeeming grace,

Grace dawned – Grace burst forth

Redeeming love,
a love that knows no limit;
Redeeming love,
a love that never dies;

Down in a lowly manger
the humble Christ was born,
And brought us God’s salvation
that blessed Christmas morn

Then rang the bells more loud and deep
God is not dead, nor does he sleep
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth good will to men

And the angel said to Mary
– For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Good news!  Noel!  Christ is born!


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
At Christmas

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment