Friday, October 11, 2013

What Does God Think about Me?

It’s an age-old question – what does God think about me?

We wonder sometimes if God even knows our names or knows we exist.  In harsh and bad times we think God has gone out of business and His phone has been disconnected.

Take heart – God is open for business, His phone works and His lights are on. 

I love this thought.

“If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.”
~Max Lucado

And if that’s not enough, remember this.

“If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.  He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning.”
~Max Lucado

I love Brennan’s words:

“My Father is very, very fond of me.”
~Brennan Manning

Some other stuff that I know about God:

His storehouses are full.    

His mercies are new every morning.  

He grace is sufficient for all trials.   

He has a short memory – “he never remembers past sins.”  

He loves me so much that he counts the hair on my head.

He never slumbers or sleeps. 

When God laid the world’s foundations, you and I were at top of mind.  

Have you noticed that there are no qualifiers listed here?
You can be Episcopalian, Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Presbyterian, Nazarene, or Assemblies of God – even Baptist.

You can speak Swahili, Hindu, Arabic, Southern, French, the Slavic languages or any other language, and He still puts your picture up. 

AND …

You may not go to church at all.  And God will still put your picture up in a prime place on His refrigerator.  How about that?

That is the great love of God at work on behalf of all of us. 

He thinks about you, He plans for you, He has a future with hope all mapped out with your name on the passport.  

Isaiah tells us that He knows us by name.  

While we were still in our mother’s womb, God was thinking of us. 

What does God think about you?

He thinks:  I not only love you but I like you a whole lot.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment