Friday, October 18, 2013

It's Dark in Here

When the dark places appear we crave light.  When the way is dim, we look for a ray of hope.

Dark places can be scary and full of uncertainties.  Our minds can run wild with all kinds of “worst case” scenarios in the dark.  We hear sounds, we see shadows, we imagine the worst.  I hate dark. 

When my step-daughters were ages 1 & 3, Haley would often awaken in the early morning hours crying and come and get me.  She was afraid of the dark and saw all kinds of horrifying imaginings.  My job was simply to assure her and help dispel the dark.

When it is dark, we want - we need light. 

Some friends of mine are in a dark place right now.  The husband is having a tough time with his medical diagnosis.  Just this week, the wife posted this on Facebook.

“I found myself crying out to my Heavenly Father this week, “It’s dark in here and I’m scared.” 

She continued. 

“We are choosing to place our trust in the one true light, Jesus.”

Is there a better place to which to turn? 

Here is what I know. 

“I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
~John 8:12

“Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.”
~Psalm 139:12

“You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.”
~Psalm 18:28

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble.”
~Psalm 46:1

When the dark places come …

~Hold tightly to the one who sees in the dark
     ~Who leads in the dark
          ~Who comforts in the dark

Always know this - even in the dark places you are never alone. 

He is God Almighty.

He is with you.
  
P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment