Monday, October 28, 2013

Life's Rules #1

Today’s class will be a brief one so listen up.

Rule #1 for life:

If you do not go after what you want you’ll never have it.

Personal story:  For thirty years I have talked of being a writer.  No one came knocking on my door and asked me to write and speak for them.  By first putting myself out there with a handful of blogs and other work-related writing assignments I now have the confidence to say “I am a writer, and I have a history to prove it.”  And with three books published this year, the title of “writer” is mine to claim. 

Note the active part of me had to pursue this dream.  It is in the going after a dream that makes it come true.  

Very few people get married without first doing the asking part.  The popularity of any product or service we use today was first an idea in someone’s mind, and then the marketing team came along and went after their market share of buyers for their market niche.   

They asked for the order!

That is what effective sales people do.
That is what currently married people once did.
That is what any producer of goods and services must do – we ask for the commitment to buy, or join or use what we bring forth.

What are you going after?
  
P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment