Monday, September 9, 2013

Little Ideas Grow Up

This thought today is purely inspirational and motivational so buckle up.

J K Rowling intrigues me.  Carolyn and I are reading the Harry Potter series as we drive around town and take short road trips.  I marvel at J K’s imagination. 

She gave a Harvard Graduation speech a few years ago and this is part of what she said.

“I had a daughter, whom I adored,
a typewriter and a big idea.”

… And then she asked …

Do you have a big idea?”

And today we see what her big idea became.  She is a publishing giant.  And she is still producing.  Gotta love her.


That’s your takeaway. 

When I started blogging four years ago I feared that the day would come when I would run out of ideas.  Now, five blog sites and nearly 800 blogs later those fears have subsided.  My little writing idea has grown big.  My first book is about to be published and I just started work on my second book – an eBook. 

What is your BIG idea? 

Where might it lead you? 

Here is a string of once-small ideas that became huge.

-Electric light bulb
-Telephone
-Cell phone

-Television
-Radio
-Airplane

-Jet travel
-Space travel
-Space station

-Computer
-Cure for polio
-Cure for small pox

-The four-minute mile
-Civil liberties
-Free speech
-The Declaration of Independence

… And the song goes on.

Little becomes big
   Small grows up
     Weak becomes strong

Poor become rich
   Illiterate becomes educated
      The prisoner is set free

Ideas become things
    The underdog triumphs

Got the picture?

Sure you do.  Now, go and dream your dreams.  Give them feet and wings. 

Again, we come back to a J K Rowling quote.

“We do not need magic
to transform our world.
We carry all the power we need
inside ourselves already.
We have the power
to imagine better.”



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment