Friday, September 13, 2013

Courage Again

It is interesting to note that every time I write a blog on courage it becomes one of my most-read blogs.  Today something in my spirit tells me somebody somewhere needs a word of encouragement about keeping their faith and holding onto courage.

Let’s begin.


Maya Angelou starts us off with this great quote.

“Courage -- the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.”

Have you ever faced the death of a close friend or family member?  The day after, you grew in courage.  You planted your foot on the ground and you arose from your bed of grief and showed tremendous courage.  It wasn't easy, and yet you conquered the grief. Way to go.

Have you faced a relationship breakup?  Perhaps you thought you simply could not go on.  Perhaps that was the lowest moment in your life.  And now, with time, you are back on your feet, you have moved on, and you are surviving.  Courage flowed through your veins and you conquered that experience.  Look at you now.  You showed great courage.  Good for you.

Have you ever faced a troubling situation, a no-win situation?  Be encouraged by this: 

[Courage] … “It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.” 
Atticus Finch
Harper Lee – To Kill a Mockingbird


Sometimes courage is depicted in this way.



And from the scriptures we find this:

I speak these things to you today so that you can know that in me you have found peace.  The world will dish out tribulation, but take courage; I am the overcomer.
~John 16:33
Paraphrase - PMB

And this …

“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you God.  God, I trust you.  I shall not fear.  What can a mere man do to me?”
~Psalm 56:3-4
Paraphrase - PMB


Got courage? 

I do.  I feel strengthened by just reflecting on these powerful thoughts.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment