Monday, June 3, 2013

I Really Explored Myself

The mindset of living without regret really grabs me.  In reading biographies we often see that the outcome toward living a successful life rests in one’s ability to squeeze the towel dry. 

A favorite book is Mindset.  Read this.

“When you’re lying on your deathbed,
one of the really cool things to say is,
“I really explored myself.”
~Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D.

I really explored myself!

Gotta love that one.

Yes, you chased a few rabbit trails.
Yes, you found a few dead ends.
Yes, you made a mistake or three.


And there are perhaps a thousand other negative results we could relate.

But look at what we discovered along the way. 

We know self.
We left few stones unturned.
We found resilience and strength we would otherwise never have known.
We found ourselves.  

And isn't that a worthy comment to make at the end of one’s life?

I found myself. 


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment