Friday, June 7, 2013

Bad Prayers?

I admire Billy Graham.  He is a model of ethics, morality, integrity and a Christ-follower all rolled into one man.

I also admired Mother Theresa.  The work she performed in such a self-less way will last an eternity.

It seems as if either of these individuals could whisper a simple prayer and BAM – the heavens would part, the seas would be stilled.  Maybe even a few cripples would walk.  Just by their prayers.

Well, I’m not Billy or Mother Theresa, yet I pray.  You know what?  God hears my prayers.  And yours too.

Isn’t that amazing? 

I don’t prayer earth-shattering prayers like The Lord’s Prayer, or The Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi, or The Serenity Prayer.  Sometimes my prayers seem so weak and anemic. 

At such times as these, I’m reminded of what one of my favorite authors once said.



When we reach the end of ourselves, our abilities, our strength, our money or our whatever, we all say the same prayer – “Help.”

That’s not a bad prayer either. 

Actually that’s a great prayer.

HELP!

For sometimes, that is all we can get out. 

And God hears.  He actually listens to the likes of you and me. 

I stand amazed by His grace.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment