Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Cage

Pic a golden cage is still just a cage

Got time for a new idea in blogging?  I have a triplet of posts that I want you to read. 

The first one is a poem/prose from my blog site The Cage.
And then, from Morning Notes you’ll find this – The Cage – a post offering hope and encouragement.
And finally, from Internet Church – we find When the Cage Door Opens – offering hope from God’s word.  I liked this idea, thanks to Seth Godin’s book What to Do When It’s Your Turn.  The basic idea is Seth’s, but wrapped in my words, and inspiration from The Bible in Internet Church.
-->
I hope you read all three.  I especially hope you share at least one of them with someone who might feel caught in some kind of trap and need to find an escape.  Enjoy.


Behold the cage.  It is a simple thing, really.  When I was a kid we had a parakeet in a cage.  It was designed to keep him in – to limit him.  After all, we didn’t want parakeet poop all over the house now, did we? 

And I think, sometimes, we adults continually seek out our own cages.  You see, a cage is a nifty place for us to hide in; it can become a place to go to when we want to avoid making some hard choices.  A cage can be a safe place if one wants to avoid obligations … and opportunities. 


Ah … are you tuning in to where I’m going here?

Without a cage, we get to choose, make decisions, go and explore, visit new vistas.  And we are responsible for those decisions, aren’t we? 

A cage is no good if it has nothing to trap. 

Let me say that more boldly …

A CAGE IS NO GOOD

IF IT HAS
NOTHING TO TRAP!

And the worst thing about cages … they can take away our freedom.

So, how is cage-life treating you?

Our lives can be a cage.

And so can these …
Alcohol and drugs
Religion and denominations
Internet and social media
Close-minded ideas
Fashion trends
Jobs that are a complete mismatch

So … if nothing else, let us – you and me – do a bit of examining the cages we’ve built for ourselves. 

We may find the key that opens some of these cages and set ourselves free. 

Maybe … perhaps!

Now wouldn’t that be something?



Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment