Thursday, March 24, 2016

Seeing Self

It seems that I write on this subject a lot, and every time these posts generate an above average number of clicks and comments.  And well it should, for this is a critical piece in the continuing development of every human being. 

My friend Jesse is a minister.  His father is a retired minister.  In a phone conversation recently Jesse told me that his father prepares a fresh sermon every week.  When Jesse questioned why, his father replied, “Well, Son, you never know when I may be asked to preach and I want to be ready.”

He saw himself still in the pulpit sharing the good news.  He still holds onto hope that he can bring hope to some weary soul.

Seeing self in the middle of your dream is important.  If you can put yourself into the picture when you visualize your dream, then you are in a better position of making the dream come to life.

I don’t think of myself as one who occasionally has typos when he writes.  I see one who is creative and has a good outflow of material and ideas.  You see, I’m a writer.

What do you see when you think about self?  What are you really?  Where are you?  What are you accomplishing?  What have you accomplished?

I love the picture at the top of this page.  I think this kind of mindset gives one a real hope on which to hold.  Perhaps this lady is living a fantasy life, and that is okay.  If it brings her joy and remembrances of days gone by, then well and good.

I think too many of us have forgotten how to dream.  Even in old age our dreams could extend our years.  Perhaps we have to adapt them in small or large ways to accommodate an aging body, and so we adapt.

And we keep on dreaming and remembering and we hold onto hope.

WE HOLD ONTO HOPE!

Twenty something’s

Forty something’s

Fifty and sixty something’s

And eighty-something’s dream and hope and see a glowing world in their future.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment