Thursday, March 10, 2016

Good Chapters - Bad Chapters

The picture really tells it all, if we believe. 

Ah – belief again. 

Hm

I’ve had some bad chapters in my life.  In my moments of alone time, if I happen to reflect on one of those bad chapters, I often end up chuckling about the experience, or I shake my head and wonder how in the world I ever found myself in that predicament. 

Listen up - One bad chapter does not mean the end of the book.  One misstep, or mistake, or falter, does not end the world. 

Every time I write about this topic it seems I hit a nerve.  I get comments and clicks.  I think people want to know there is life after a bad chapter, a bad experience, and a great fall.

And my friend – there is life after these experiences. 

My favorite quote along these lines is this …

Can you hold that thought for just a short time?  Really hold it?
Absorb it is really what I want us, you and me, to do.  Let it become such a part of our inner being that it goes deeply inside of us.  Then perhaps we will really remember this bit of philosophy. 

We are not our failures.

Bad chapters do not rule my life.

The good ones do!



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment