Friday, November 6, 2015

Do

We’ve stumbled over this word long enough.  We all know how to say “do” and we know how to spell it.

But do we DO it?

Break it down for a moment.
DO - to perform, accomplish, act, carry out, complete, make, execute, or get something done.

You know – DO!


Sometimes we need a push in order to go DO.  I did for my serious writing streak.  

My step-son, J Paul, casually mentioned that if I really wanted to do some free-lance writing then I should consider starting a blog and prove that I have something to say and the stick-to-it-iveness to do so.  A cleaner word for that is pertinacity. 

And so I began.

And so, today, I DO!

What do you want to DO?

I talked about being a writer for thirty-plus years.  And I dabbled in it in some jobs I held. 

Now, today, I actually embrace the label “WRITER” for my life.

It is in the doing of something that the living it out happens. 

I want to win the lottery, but I never buy a lottery ticket.  Do you think that has anything to do with me never winning the lottery? 

What do you want to DO?

Take the action steps to begin the process. 

You don’t need anybody’s permission, or a validation stamp, or even an endorsement from Oprah or Ellen. 

Just DO!

And write and tell me how that is working out.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment