Friday, July 12, 2013

Loveable Even with Scars

I have a small scar on my left arm above the elbow.  I got it as a kid when a wire from our clothesline stuck out too far.  

And I am still loveable.

I have a scar on the top of my head from when my brother got mad at me and sawed my head with an old rusty saw.  We were 3 and 5, making a go-cart. 

And I am still loveable.

I've had some life upsets, some setbacks, and some major disappointments, and I've fumbled a few times in my life.  

I've walked some places that should have been avoided.  

I've said some things that should have been left unsaid.

I've made some decisions that were so wrong, yet bull-headedly I charged into them, ignoring the danger signs. 

And I am still loveable. 

Amy Grant has a new song with this lyric:


Have you ever been bruised, burned, tossed out, left behind, stomped on, put down, belittled, demeaned, discriminated against, cursed, ignored, and rejected?

Then you have scars. 

And the best news of all is this … You are loved.

You are called by name. 
     You are redeemed.
          You are wanted.
               You are welcomed.
                    You are sought out.

And the one doing all of this welcoming, calling, redeeming, wanting and welcoming is your personal God. 

After all, He has a few scars of his own.
     ~See his hands where the nails pierced them?
     ~See his side where the spear opened it?
     ~See his brow and the piercing from the thorns?

Those are his scars. 

God loves the scarred, the marred, the mangled, the crippled, and the disjointed – and we are not just talking about physical ailments.  Sometimes our ailments lurk inside our hearts and minds.

Yet he comes to us.  He reaches for us.  He longs to share with us His pardon, His healing, and His soothing salve of restoration. 

Yes, you and I are still loveable, even with our scars.

Be encouraged today!


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment