Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Inner Child


Thousands hear these voices every day.  If you hear them also, I have some encouraging news.  Keep reading.

~~~
What are the voices saying?
My inner child is fragile.  I am marked by the way I was raised.

Be gentle with me.  I feel vulnerable.  I often give off a false bravado but inside I am shaking in my boots.  I want to believe in me and my goodness,
but I’m afraid. 

For a long time I've listened to the voices and stern remarks and rejections.  They still ring in my ear.

How do I teach my inner child that it is now safe to come out and play?
How do I trust myself, my instincts, my wishes and desires?
How do I follow the beat of my own drummer?

For many years I've heard these thoughts pounded into me.
  “You are lacking.” 
  “You have nothing to contribute.” 
  “Kids are to be seen and not heard.”
  “Don’t be too loud.”
  “Don’t show off.”
  “Don’t be normal.” 

I had boundless curiosity and enough energy for two rockets, and you tried to beat that out of me.

I am marked and I am fragile.

These voices are giants in my mind and I can’t see around them, over them, and I certainly can’t run between their legs. 

Help me.  Show me the “how”.

I don’t try for fear of failure and ridicule.
I fear criticism because I received so much of it.  What do I do? 

God, will you help one such as me?


And then the answer came.


You are safe.  Come to me.
(Matthew 11:28 

I have a plan and a future all mapped out for you.
(Jeremiah 29:11)

Your dreams are my dreams, for I put them there.
(II Chronicles 15:7)

Be at peace.
(Philippians 4:6-7)

All is well. 
(Isaiah 41:10)

I've got you.
(I Peter 5:6-7)

I am your God.”
(Psalm 46:10)



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

1 comment:

  1. Amen ! Great Anointed words.
    And then the answer came.


    You are safe. Come to me.
    (Matthew 11:28

    I have a plan and a future all mapped out for you.
    (Jeremiah 29:11)

    Your dreams are my dreams, for I put them there.
    (II Chronicles 15:7)

    Be at peace.
    (Philippians 4:6-7)

    All is well.
    (Isaiah 41:10)

    I've got you.
    (I Peter 5:6-7)

    I am your God.”
    (Psalm 46:10)

    Very encouraging. Thanxs

    ReplyDelete