Thursday, July 19, 2012

Worry (or Not)?



Worry (or Not)

“Did I lock the door or not?”  That question haunts us 15 miles down the road on the first day of vacation.

How many ways can you say “worry”?


If you are going to worry about something, consider these:
-Did I tell my son how proud I am of him?
-Did I say “I love you” to my spouse five times a day?
-Did I prepare my daughter for young-adulthood?
-Did I lead from an integrity-based life?
-Did I treat every man fairly?
-Did I consider other’s feelings, backgrounds, and perspective?
-Did I show my daughter how a woman should be cared for by demonstrating it to her mother?


Some worries deserve such a small amount of attention that they hardly register on the scale of importance.

Things like:
-Did I mow the lawn every Saturday?
-Did I pray properly in church last Sunday?
-Did I wear the latest fashion?
-Did John get ahead of me at work?
-Did that guy just cut me off on the freeway?
-Am I popular?
-Will these pimples ever go away?

If you want to handle concerns in your life, then trouble-shoot them and talk them over with a solution-conscious mindset.  But worry for worry’s sake? 

Why?

In the Bible, Matthew chapter six, we learn this:  “Can worry add a single moment to your life?  Consider the lilies of the field and the sparrows.  The lilies are clothed beautifully, and a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without God noticing it.  Are you not worth more than a lily or a sparrow?”  


Yes indeed.  We are in God’s sight.

We are his highest form. 

Now, hold on to that, and let your worries wash away.

Be at peace my friend. 


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment