Thursday, June 16, 2011

On the Day You Were Born, God Said "Yes"


Don’t we all love being approved of?  What a nice stroke to our self-esteem when that happens. 

I believe that on the day you were born, God said “Yes” to you.  He approved of you just like you were.  You may have had a bald head, diaper rash, and maybe you were wrinkled and red, but God said “YES” to you.

And then you cried.  We all do. 


I can imagine God seeing you and saying,

“You are beautiful.  I have loved the idea of you from day one.  You are special and unique in my eyes.  I have a future with hope all mapped out for you.  Let’s laugh and cry and play together as you dance through this life you’ve been given. 

“Always remember, I’ll never leave you or forsake you.  I’ll be by your side.  I’ll love you through thick and thin.  I’ll watch as you sleep.  Your name will always be on my lips.

“You are my child.  I cherish you.  I value you.  I will always hold you close.”


WOW!  Those are powerful thoughts. 

I happen to believe all that I’ve written above.  I believe it for you and I believe it for me.

We are precious in His sight. 

Explore the wonder of God today.  He wants to dance with you. 

Who leads in a dance with God?

You’ll figure that out.  After all, your greatest power is the power to choose.  He gave that to you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment