Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Enough



Enough

(A note to my readers:  Beginning today I’ll be posting twice per week in UP-Words Morning Notes.  I’ll continue my Thursday night post and am now adding a Monday post.  Thank you for following, for reading, for sharing, and for sending me your notes of encouragement from time to time.  You bless me when you do.)


Tonight for dinner I had enough.  I had my fill, and it was good.

I have seven dress shirts in my closet and they are enough. 
I have more than enough pairs of shoes. 
I have over twenty neck ties, and that is enough.

Do you have enough?
Are you enough?

Are you loved enough?
Do you have food enough?

Do you have enough?

Sometimes people go through life believing they are not enough. 
They are not pretty enough.
They are not skinny enough. 
They don’t belong to the right social group.

Have no fear.  You are enough.  Your existence on this planet does not pass without notice.  You were in the mind of God from the beginning.  Your life has a purpose and a plan.  And you have enough stuff inside of you to fulfill your destiny. 

You have a future with hope.  And the God of enough says you are enough.

You are enough. 

Don’t block your own blessings. 
Discover your goodness.
You are valid.  You are worthwhile.

Have no fear.

You are created in God’s image.  You have a speck of God inside of you.  That is an immense thought.  God cared enough to put inside each of us a particle of his nature, his likeness.  The Bible says “we are created in the image of God.” (Genesis 1:27)


You think you are not enough?

My friend.  You are enough.  You are more than enough.

Whatever your challenges, whatever your dreams, whatever you want to pursue, step out, and take the first step. 

You have enough. 
You are enough. 


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

2 comments:

  1. THANKS I NEEDED THIS. I HAVE NEVER FELT LOVED ALOT. MY DAD WAS MY BEST FRIEND AND WHEN HE DIED IN 1998 IT WAS HARD FOR ME. BUT I HAVE ALOT OF GOOD MEMORYS OF HIM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for responding. I cherish your vulnerability. Be encouraged. You really are enough.

      Delete