Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Foolishness Can Be a Good Thing


Foolishness Can Be a Good Thing

As a small boy, growing up in Tennessee, I heard my dad prompt me often, maybe a hundred times, “Boy, don’t be foolish.”

As I look back on that now, most of his corrections were because I was just being a boy, exploring my world, living into some imaginary world or dream. 

I think this … sometimes foolishness can be a good thing.  Consider this quote:

 
 May God bless you with 
the foolishness to think that you 
can make a difference in the world, 
so that you will do the things 
which others tell you cannot be done. 


Is it foolish for one to believe we can still make a difference in our world?  We certainly have our ailments, don’t we?  I still hold to the idea that someday I will write the blog heard round the world.  And true to my nature, it will be one of hope, encouragement and inspiration. 

On one hand, we have enough naysayers who will gladly tell you your dreams are foolish and you don’t have what it takes to think thoughts lofty enough to change yourself, much less the world.

However, there are a few of us who say “Go, be, become, do the impossible.  It can be done, and you just may be the one to lead us.”

Foolish thinking? 

Absolutely not!

You never know until you try.


This is my
morning reflection.



P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment