Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Finding My 'Good'

I’m making a change at work.  I’m moving to a new division.  The work suits me better.  It is in line more with my skill set.  And I am taking a cut in pay.  And this is all good. 

Instead of wearing the hat “Banker”, I will now wear the hat “teller.”  The small and capital letters are significant.  You see, I am esteemed as a Banker.  I have several clients who refer to me as “My Banker.”  I love that.  However, I must move on to what I’m really ‘good’ at.  (English majors – I know that sentence is wrong, but it makes my point.)

What are you ‘good’ at?


Do you know and do you care? 

In an upwardly mobile society, I’m going against the grain, and I’m still happy with myself.   

I’ve worn many hats in my life of careers.  Some have been stellar opportunities.  Some have been mundane and laborious.  Today, I’m all about finding something at which I am good.

When I operate in my sweet spot, life is amazing.  Anymore, that is where I want to live.  I have no need to be the top dog.

I do desire to be happy, to enjoy what I do, and find those opportunities when Carolyn and I just revel in those special moments of our lives.

Actually, do you wanna know the best part of my day?  The part when I am really ‘good’?

It is now, early morning, when I write.  It’s just me, an occasional automobile that passes my window, and the amazing quietness of the morning. 

This is my sweet spot.  I hope you find your ‘good’.


This is my morning reflection!


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment