Thursday, August 3, 2017

Some Things Don't Last - Some Do

I have to eat breakfast again this morning ‘cause yesterday’s breakfast left me.  It didn’t last.

I took a bath yesterday and will take another one today.  It didn’t last.

I’m going to the gym in an hour, even though I was just there last Thursday.  It didn’t last.

I shaved yesterday and will shave again today.  It didn’t last.

I’ll tell my wife “I love you” in a few minutes.  Even though I told her last night, she needs to hear it again today.  I’m stringing together a long refrain of the “I Love You” moments.  I want her to remember that my love will last.

In this disposable world where nothing much lasts forever, I hope to leave some kind of legacy that will last.  I hope something I do or say will outlive me.

I want to leave some essence of goodness, kindness, hope, and encouragement that will linger long after I am gone.

I hope you remember some words that I once wrote and they make you smile.

Perhaps you’ll recall my voice, my sense of humor, a funny moment shared long ago.

Perhaps … our friendship will survive in spite of time passing, miles that separate and life events that demand our attention.

What are you doing that will last? 

(And this is not all about me, you know.  Put yourself in this picture.  Do something that is bigger than you and will out-live you.)


This is my morning reflection!


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment