Thursday, October 8, 2015

Ancient Words-Fresh Hope

Sometimes as a writer I never fully understand how this inspiration thing works as it relates to what I choose to write.  Tonight is such a time.

My thoughts are so simple and so familiar, therefore I submit them to you.  Allow your own heart and mind to receive them in whatever dimension you may need these words.

Here goes:

My words are taken from what originally was considered a children’s Sunday school song, but I’ve had the privilege of using it with adults in some powerfully healing moments in a church service.

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so

~We live in troublesome times. 
~We live in uncertain times.
~We live with questions about the future of
   the human race.
~We live in fear.

And perhaps some would throw in the fear of feeling abandoned by God himself.

Where is he?
What is he doing?
Does he care?

And we come back to our premise. 

If we are loved by Christ, God’s son, and we are told in God’s word that this is so, then what?

I take great comfort in the idea of the love of God flowing over me.  I rest in His promises found in the scriptures and I rest in the nature of a good and just God as I understand him to be.

Rest your eyes on this verse for a while.



And this one


God reminds us again and again of his steadfast love and care.

I do believe that He really does love us.

I hope you are opening your heart and mind to receive this strong love of God.

Thanks be to God.




P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment