Saturday, April 4, 2015

What Gives You Hope


I remember a fall from a 25-foot tower and a near miss that could have been deadly.  I have hope.

I remember my brother trying to fix my broken arm at age nine.  My arm still works.

I reflect on an empty tomb.  This gives me hope.

I hold Carolyn’s hand.  Her love gives me hope for a love that endures.

Our grand-kids come for a visit.  I love resting my eyes on them and thinking about their future with hope.

I get a note of encouragement about my writing.  Hope swells within.

I hear a stunning musical piece.  It fills my soul.

I watch an exceptionally great drummer.  I smile and remember.

I remember how a bad experience turned good.  Hope flourishes.

I read a life-changing book.  I am inspired to write more.

I read Jeremiah 29:11.  That fills me with great hope.

I sing “It Is Well”.  I am filled with great grace and praise.

I share a meaningful conversation with a close friend.  I leave feeling blessed with that kind of close friend.

I listen to a great word of encouragement from a minister or effective speaker.  I am inspired.

I remember an influential person who guided my younger years.  May I do the same.

I receive a phone call from one of my siblings.  I hang up and am thankful for a lifetime of family memories.

I laugh with a friend over a pecan pie eaten in secret at work.  I laugh out loud and have hope for a continued friendship.

My Sunday school class actually listens and participates.  My heart soars with hope.

I have an amazing God-moment in reflective privacy.  My heart is filled with peace.


What gives you hope?


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment