Monday, June 30, 2014

Tiny Pieces of Fear

Can you get this visual in your mind?  Tiny pieces of fear … all glued together? 

And what does it create?

Courage

C O U R A G E

Have you ever been afraid?  Of course you have.  And you have probably glued all those pieces of fear together and done the thing you feared anyway. 

That is courage.

For thirty years I’ve wanted to write.  Fear stopped me for a very long time.  Finally I knitted those fears together and now … I am a writer. 

Fears came along wearing all kinds of disguises.

~Ridicule at what others might say
~Laughter at some serious goof or wrong usage of words
~Rejection from those that might matter ... (Actually the only people who matter are the ones who like my writing.  Seth Godin helped me with that one.) 

Let me encourage you to knit your fears together and make courage out of them. 

Sooner or later we realize this:  Fears or not, we have to emerge and do the thing we fear. 

To borrow from Ralph Waldo Emerson –
“Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain.”


And remember this:

“Screw your courage to the sticking place”
~William Shakespeare – Macbeth



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment