Thursday, April 17, 2014

It's Friday ... Where Is Sunday

© P Michael Biggs 2014

It’s Friday. 
Today I have more problems than possibilities.
Today fear rides on both shoulders.
Today I have more pains than gains.
Where is Sunday?


It’s Friday.
World conditions look dark and foreboding.
World leaders seem unconcerned.
Where are the answers to cure our ills?
Where is Sunday?

It’s Friday.
Sin abounds, wrongs prevail.
Hearts are faint.
Knees are weak.
Where is Sunday?

It’s Friday.
Will we survive tomorrow?
Will I see my future with hope?
Will the right man conquer after all?
Where, oh where is Sunday?


And from the empty tomb,
We hear Sunday answer in response.

I am the Alpha and Omega
The beginning and the end
I was with Adam and Eve in the garden
I am with you

I guided my people through the desert
I provided manna
I gave them quail to eat

I stopped Abraham from sacrificing Isaac
I provided a lamb in his place

I parted the Red Sea
I led with a cloud by day
And a fire by night

I have always had my eye on you
I have the outcome firmly in hand
I will not abandon this world

I am the one who redeems
I am hope for the hopeless
I am strength for the weary
I am comfort for the comfortless
I am a safe place for all who call on me

I am your peace
I am your joy
I am your supplier

I am in every moment of your future
Just as I have been in every moment of your past

I am throwing open the door, rolling the stone away, removing every obstacle between you and my grace.

I am Sunday, full of hope, full of grace, full of love, full of forgiveness.

I am your Sunday, every day of the week.

I AM YOUR REDEEMER 
– CHRIST, THE RISEN ONE!



P Michael Biggs
Up-Words.net
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment