Friday, January 24, 2014

Life's a Party

A thought … a hope … an encouragement

Many of us ask the question – why am I here?  What is my purpose?  What is my destiny?

The answers might lie in the following quote.  Read slowly – awareness ahead.

“The grace of God means something like:  Here is your life.  You might never have been, but you are because the party wouldn't have been complete without you.”
~Frederick Beuchner

We wonder why we were born.
We wonder if we are making any kind of significant impact.
We wonder about life and its meaning and our role on this planet.

And in the middle of it all, we have to relent to the ONE who started it all – God in heaven.  You are!  Therefore you have a role to play and the party can’t go on without you. 

Do you remember the movie It’s a Wonderful Life?  George Bailey wished he’d never been born and was granted the privilege of seeing the world without his influence.  It was a different world.  He left holes that no one else could fill.  He influenced lives that only he could influence.

His life reached out and touched countless others.  The world was in need of a George Bailey and only George could work in those circumstances and in the personal drama of the lives of the good citizens of Bedford Falls.

And here comes God, sweeping each of us up in his arms, holding us tightly and whispering,
  You are my finest creation. 
  I have a plan for you. 
  I have a destiny with you in mind. 
  I have honored you with a special gift and I want you to go out and spread your specialness to those along your pathway. 
  Just be the ‘real you’ that I had in mind from the beginning.

I think of individuals who have crossed my path.  Some have left significant imprints as guides, inspiring role models, teachers and influencers.  I am different.  I am better for having had their marks on my life.  And so are you.

The party is still going on.  We’re not too late to get in on the fun. 

If we don’t bring our specialty to the party, THEY won’t know what they missed, and it could be something very special indeed.

And often, during the party, the host - God himself - will walk up to each of us and whisper … “I’m glad you are here.  I’m glad you are you.  The party just wouldn't be the same without you.”

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment