Thursday, December 26, 2013

I Used It All

There is an expression in the sales world that goes like this:  “Don’t leave anything on the table.” 

Meaning?  If you sell men’s suits, be sure and show shirts, ties and shoes with that new suit.  Don’t leave anything on the table.

We consider life in that way.  We start out by adding to our skill set.  We learn, read, observe, study, and try new ways.  Soon we evolve into our own operating mode and that becomes our mindset and our bag from which we dip into frequently.

And when it is all said and done and we come to our end, we want to have emptied our bag.  We want to be able to say this:

“I used everything you gave me.”

I’m borrowing this quote from Erma Bombeck.  The full quote is:

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me.’”
~Erma Bombeck

What a worthy goal – to use everything we have to use and to give everything we have to give.

Now that is a life well-lived.

Go boldly into 2014.

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment