Friday, August 23, 2013

Enough

In a world that seems to crave more-more-more, I have some great news about enough-enough-enough.

I find this thought refreshing.

“There is an anticipation and an electricity about God’s presence in my life that I have never experienced before.  I can only tell you that for the first time in my life I can hear Jesus whisper to me every day, “Michael, I love you.  You are beloved.”  And for some strange reason, that seems to be enough.”
~Mike Yaconelli
Co-founder Youth Specialties
“The Wittenburg Door”


To discover that Christ loves us and that is enough is shattering to our do-good mindset of religiosity.  Sometimes it becomes more than we can take in.  We are led to believe salvation comes from doing, not being. 

Some would have you believe that God is saying …
“Run around the mountain seven times”
  “Say your prayers”
    “Eat your veggies”
      “Read ONLY your Bible”
      “Tithe”
      “Give”
    “Visit the sick and afflicted”
  “Shop only at Christian bookstores”

And a few thousand other qualifiers that don’t amount to much in God’s sight

God’s love, as experienced through Christ Jesus is enough. 

God’s love is enough
For today
For tomorrow
For the one who hurts you most


God’s love is enough
For the one who loves you the least
For your creditors
For your bosses
For your employees

God’s love is enough
For every person
Everywhere
In every language
With every dress code

God’s love is enough … For YOU.

Simple - really.

He loves me whether I’m …
Good or bad
Go to church or not
Do good stuff or sit on my b---

… And regardless of my drink of choice

Let’s revisit this:

To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky
~ Frederick M. Lehman

There is enough love for you and me.
  
P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment