Monday, April 15, 2013

People will Never Forget



I’m a huge fan of this Maya Angelou quote.  I never want to get far from practicing it.


“People will never forget 
how you made them feel”


This week, a long-time friend and I corresponded.  In 1993 my friend Michael sent me a personal note that was a life-changer for me.   Because of the very personal nature I’ll refrain from posting the contents here, however, it had its impact and even twenty years later it still influences me in good and positive ways. 

Michael’s note remains as a wonderful example of the Maya Angelou quote used above. 

So, how can you and I continue making this kind of impact?

~We build up others.
~We find ways of adding value to the individual, encouraging their dream, letting them know just how special we find them to be.

When we walk with others through hard times, sometimes we give more than words of comfort in the present moment.  We build something inside of them that lasts, perhaps forever. 

What can you do today to impact someone?
What can you say today to cause such a resonance within one’s soul that they are impacted for the rest of their life?

That is the essence of “people will never forget how you

made them feel”.

Let us continue the dance of life.  Let us laugh and talk, sing and waltz to the memories we share, and let’s shower each other with words and expressions of love and friendship and esteem.

I’ll never forget how you made me feel.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment