Saturday, April 21, 2018

Seeking Perfect in an Imperfect World


Seeking Perfect in an Imperfect World

I wish life was perfect.  I wish my body was perfect, my car was perfect, my job was perfect.

I like perfect … except I’m not perfect. 

And I’m doing life anyway. 

I’m going out in a couple of hours and I’m waiting for traffic conditions to improve.  Actually, I’m waiting for everybody, and I mean everybody to get off the roads so I can have perfect driving conditions.

Not gonna happen, is it?

Oh my, we pursue perfection, don’t we? 
     Perfect job
       Perfect mate
         Perfect house
           Perfect kids and grands
             Perfect date night
               Perfect entertainment

I don’t think we’ll ever see perfect, so I suppose we had best get to overlooking imperfections and do life anyway. 

We go and do in the middle of imperfect. 

In my hometown in Tennessee, I could always pull up to the gas pumps and ‘gas up’ without having to wait.  Now, I go to Costco and there are five cars in front of me every time.  It’s not a perfect system.

And I’m not perfect … yet.  But I’m working toward good, pretty good, better.  Regardless of the state of grace or disgrace in which I find myself, I still go and do life. 

Today I will look beyond all the imperfections I find and do life anyway. 

Here I go.  Come with me.  Let’s find the fun and adventures in the middle of imperfect.


This is my morning reflection.



Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment