Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Down Times

I believe in down times.  I believe in the importance of sometimes shutting down.  We cannot work 24/7/365 and expect to be consistently effective. 

In June 2016, I felt a great need for a
sabbatical from writing, and so I shut down from then until Labor Day 2016.  I didn’t write even one piece.  My readership suffered.  My number of clicks went down.  And that was okay.

When I resumed my full writing schedule on Labor Day, 2016, the energy was back, the focus was back, and the creativity was back.  And in time my number of clicks came back and exceeded what had previously been my high points.

I believe in down times.

On a miniscule way, I experience this concept.  Often, after writing for a couple of hours I’ll reach a stuck spot.  I find those are often good times to go get that cup of coffee.  Even that ten-minute break gives me a walk-away moment and I often come back and can re-engage on an idea that needs dressing. 

I believe in down times.

I believe in vacations – long, two-week vacations, and I believe in short Friday-Sunday getaway times.

I hope you have some down times. 


This is my morning reflection!


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment