Monday, May 12, 2014

Do You Believe in Magic

I believe in magic.  I believe in time machines, I believe good usually wins over evil, I believe that they lived happily ever after and I believe in heroes and that they come in all shapes and sizes.

I believe in books.

Carolyn and I are having wonderful adventures right now by reading the Harry Potter series together.  We are on book four and have met some amazing individuals through these books.  Ms Rowling amazes me with her creativity and imagination.  Note this great quote by her.


Because of books I've traveled back in time to the days of the old west thanks to Louis L’Amour.  I've felt the grit in my mouth after a long and dusty trail ride, I've shivered from the cold of a mountain snowfall, and my heart has raced just moments before my hero faced a foe in a gunfight.

I've traveled to the center of the earth with Jules Verne.  I've discovered old London and gone on investigations with the likes of Sherlock Holmes, and I've been to Paris, London, Madrid, Moscow and points beyond through the pages of Robert Ludlum’s books.

I believe in magic for I believe in books.  I love getting lost in a book. 

It is a cheap and fun way to travel.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment