Friday, March 7, 2014

Use Your Good Voice

I've spent a considerable part of my professional life as a musician.  To be specific, I've been a choir and orchestra director.  Good choral sounds always come back down to good voices. 

Now days my voice is heard through writing.  My voice sounds like encouragement.  It is important that my voice be as consistent as possible, therefore, I keep my focus on my main objective – to offer hope, encouragement and inspiration one word at a time.

What is your voice?  What can you do that is unlike any other voice we hear and is needed in our world? 

My friend Jim has a voice.  His passion is talking and speaking on revival in our land.  He does this with consistency and passion.

My friend Diane has a voice.  She sings out musical suggestions to her minister of music clients and helps them have a more effective ministry because she can point them in the right direction for the right song or musical.  What a voice!

I’m going to name drop here for a moment – please forgive me.  Two of my friends are using their voices as singers.  Sandi and Babbie are two of the most gifted singers I have ever been around.  They both have the unique ability to not only sing with great style and ease.  They each can wrap an audience around their little finger and hold you there for a full evening of superb musical excellence and warm your heart all the while.

My friend Alene uses her voice to bake pies.  My goodness, she is a baker’s baker.  She has promised me a coconut cream pie the next time I’m in Centralia.

Dr. Larry uses his voice to heal broken bones and reattach a detached rotator cuff to a shoulder muscle, or any other orthopedic skill that is needed.

Carolyn is in Mesa, Arizona this weekend to tend to her aging parents.  She is using her voice to do the difficult work of helping them transition to a different way of living and adjusting to their age and debilitating abilities in life.

Can you use your voice this weekend to do some good somewhere in this world? 

I may not speak a foreign language, but I do try and speak so that others can understand me.  I speak kindness, acceptance, cordiality, and love – huge gobs of love. 

Do you speak love?  Perhaps that one language is what makes us so valuable in this world.  We speak a universal language. 

We speak to the heart of an individual.  We speak a language that supersedes all others.  Our love is understood when all other tongues fail.

I am reminded of a simple quote that nicely sums up this idea.


People can tell 
whether you care or not.


P Michael Biggs
Up-Words.net
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment