Thursday, October 13, 2016

Overcoming Stagnation







There are three simple rules to learn and heed.  Here they are.


The mandate then becomes “ACTION”.

We have an enemy.  It is what is called our lizard brain and its name is RESISTANCE.  Resistance is always chattering away, often sabotaging our best opportunities and ruining our best chance to do great work.

And its voice sounds like this.
   ~Oh, can we sleep in and try again
     tomorrow, or next week.
   ~But its already been done before.  Nobody
     will pay attention to my idea.
   ~But I don’t know how, or where, or who or
     when.
   ~And what if I fail?

Oh, we could go on, but by now you get the idea. 

Stagnation turns into a bog, and a bog is another name for quicksand.  It can suck us down and under. 


  
If that means we get up earlier, then we get up earlier.

If it means we read from different authors, then we seek them out.

If it means we ask someone wiser and more experienced, then that is exactly what we do.

We go to the source where we find the best and most accurate information that will help us move from stagnation to solid ground and then we keep climbing.

Lest you think I am a writer and speaker who says this stuff without acting on my own words, here is what I’m doing.  Since the first of September I have formed the new habit of arising between 4:30 and 5:00 AM every morning.

This time has become my oasis and I guard it jealously. I have moved into a place that is the best part of my day.  And it works.

I don’t know about you but I’m stepping from stagnation to activation. 


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment