Friday, September 18, 2015

Words Have Great Power

My company is called Up-Words.  My motto is:  “Offering Hope, Encouragement, and Inspiration One Word at a Time.”

This quote hit me between the eyes tonight. 





My step-daughter, Paula, gave me a framed picture.  Here it is.


I believe that, you know.  I’ve had words said to me that have been transformative.  In most cases, the speaker of those words was oblivious to my mental/spiritual/emotional state at that particular moment in time; nevertheless, his/her words reached me on a deep level and changed me.

That is what I intend to spend the rest of my life doing – using words to heal, restore, encourage and inspire.

Because my reading audience is diverse, I am going to split this post into two sections.

Section One will offer words of inspiration, hope and insight for common man/common woman.

Section Two will be for my readers who also appreciate words from the great book – the Bible.  Be encouraged today, my friend.


Actually I woke up one day and decided I didn’t want to feel like this anymore, or ever again, so I changed.  Just like that.
~Unknown

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
~Confucius

After a while you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.
~Shrek

Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off being excellent.
~Unknown

Be brave.  Remember that bravery is not the lack of fear but the ability to move forward in spite of fear.
~Unknown

Big shots are only little shots who kept shooting.
~Christopher Morley

By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
~Charles H Spurgeon

Do or do not.  There is no try.
~Yoda from Star Wars


And now, a few hope-filled words based on words from the Bible.


Be not afraid nor dismayed, for I your God will be with you wherever you may go.
~Joshua 1:9

Surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord your God.  I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you.  For I will give you a future with hope.
~Jeremiah 29:11


Even in the darkest valley I will hear no evil.
~Psalm 23:4

God is the one who leads, even in the dark.
~PMB



I have called you by name.  You are mine.
~Isaiah 43:1

I promise to never leave you nor forsake you.
~Hebrews 13:5

To Jesus we are more important than any label.
~Philip Yancey – What’s So Amazing about Grace





P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment