Monday, May 20, 2013

Make Up Your Mind


In Tennessee, I often heard the phrase “ I've made up my mind about …”

That means the person speaking has a resolute direction and sense of what needs to be done and they then set out to do that deed.

The importance of “making up your mind” is huge.  It determines direction, accomplishment, focus, self-worth and about a hundred other matters.

In the book Aspire we find this: 

The two most important days
of our lives are the day we were born
and the day we discover what we were born to do.
~Kevin Hall

I’m continually unwrapping this idea.  Are you?  I fully believe I was born to encourage and offer hope to mankind.  There have been a few different avenues down which I've traveled in pursuit of this, but the overarching idea for me is that I am an encourager.

I never question the “why” part of this idea.  However, I do constantly ask the “how” question.  How do I do more of this?  How do I do it better?

Forgive me if I seem to be using a lot of the personal pronoun “I”.  Hopefully you are reversing these thoughts and pointing the spotlight on your own life and asking hard questions such as...

What makes my heart beat faster?
What do I really enjoy doing, salary or no salary?
What do people often comment on about my life that might indicate a sense of “mindset”?

Making up one’s mind gives a tremendous sense of fulfillment and confidence, not to mention focus and clarity.

If I were to offer some suggestions for helping one make up their mind, here they are

~Take more than one personality assessment test. There are several great ones.  Compare and contrast the different versions.

~Read Strength Finders and go to a seminar.  My niece Sondra travels the country teaching these classes for corporations. 

~After you mull, consider, pray and discuss the results of your strengths and strong points, do the hard thing.  Work out a plan.  Take steps toward your fulfilling future.

~Remember that age has nothing to do with making up your mind and determining your destiny.  Your destiny for the rest of your life is from this point onward.

Above all … Make Up Your Mind!


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment