Thursday, February 28, 2013

Equal Opportunity



Life can be unfair.
Discrimination abounds.
Bullying is rampant.
Justice seems blind.
The rich appear to be the favored class.
Certain skin colors seem to have all the advantages.

Where does this end?

News Flash:  Breaking News!


Listen to these words:

“Come unto me, all who carry heavy burdens.  
I will give you rest. “
Matthew 11:28

No exclusivity found there.

“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5

No qualifying directives and no one is singled out.


Seek me and you will find me, 
when you search with your whole heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

The only requirement there is “with your whole heart.” No color restrictions.  No language requirement.  Just seek and mean it.

I suppose, with these statements of fact given, that we could say that God is an equal opportunity God.

We approach him on level ground -- all of us.
Our past doesn’t help or hinder us.
Our clothes matter not.
Our pedigree is unimportant.
Our native tongue is fully understood by God.


God is an equal opportunity God.


I like that kind of God.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment