Thursday, September 6, 2012

If I Lived in Grace Land



If I Lived in Grace Land

If I lived in Grace Land, what would my life be like?

Grace Land is not that place in Memphis where Elvis lived.  Grace Land is that place where every act, every thought and every deed begins by acknowledging that life is all about grace. 

What is grace?  Grace is …
Kindness      Charity
Kindliness    Benevolence
Favor           Clemency
Mercy          Leniency


Today, we got our Volkswagen back from the repair shop.  This time around, it had been in there for three weeks.  Before that, we had an on-going problem for over six weeks of driving it for two days and then taking it to the shop for a week.

During this last round, the dealership issued us a courtesy car. 

Today, when we picked up the VW, the cost was exactly ZERO.  I was speechless.  I told Carolyn that I felt we were being graced in a huge way.  What a blessing! 

They did all that work for the last three times at ZERO cost. 
No charge for the labor while performing the trouble-shooting. 
No charge for the loaner car for three weeks.
No charge for the extra parts they put on.  
No charge for the coolant they added to the radiator.


Amazing Grace is all I have to say.

So, you could say we lived in Grace Land today.

When you and I live in Grace Land …

-We show tolerance when our patience is near its end.
-We allow someone with three items to go in front of us at the grocery line. 
-We give to more of those in need just because.

-We forgive a debt.
-We honor a debt.  
-We forgive without being asked.

-We buy a meal for someone just because.   
-We say “I love you” more.
-We say “I forgive you” more.


In other words, we act like people living in Grace Land by living a grace-filled life.

Have you ever thought of moving to Grace Land?  There is plenty of room for you.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment